Tuesday, August 4, 2020

July 28

It's back to online school today.  I can't believe how much longer it takes to do things online.

Sian has not been feeling well for the last three days and, as she has symptoms of the coronavirus, I take her for a test in the afternoon.  The PCR test is very much like a malaria test, except that the results are more or less instant.  Sian's test is negative.

I have been trying to keep a couple of shrubs in the garden alive.  Two of them are Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, one of my favourites.  I love their beautiful scent, especially on warm summer evenings. I throw a bucket of old bath water on them a couple of times a week and so far they have managed to keep their leaves, although they are a little droopy.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look as though our jasmine will flower this year.  I don't think it received enough water in the rainy season.

Jasmine is one of those difficult plants though.  Where my sister lives in Marondera, jasmine grows everywhere, even in places where it is obviously not watered regularly.  I took jasmine back with us to Zambia twice and, although it didn't die, it didn't flower either, and there is plenty of rain there.  Maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment