Tuesday, August 25, 2020

August 14

 

Ellie is having a murder mystery dinner party this evening so, after my lesson, we go shopping. Ellie is sometimes not allowed in shops (due to the coronavirus) so we come up with a plan to get past the Temperature Taker Person and Hand Sanitizer Squirter.  While Sian and I are squirted and threatened with a thermometer, Ellie goes and waits for us by the trolleys.  We walk on and no one notices Ellie has joined us.  Really, I should have been a detective - now I have to get my kicks dodging PnP staff.

Ellie is convinced that she has been spotted and is waiting for the announcement over the loud speaker: 'Would the eleven year-old in the frozen food section, please leave the premises immediately.' I tell her to act as normal as possible.  The best advice my mother ever gave me was to 'act daft'.  It's amazing how much you can get away with by saying, 'Oh, I had no idea. So sorry.  Of course we will never do that again.'

I am so excited to spot tins of tuna that I do a little dance and wave the tin around in the air.  Sian is mortified at first but then she and Ellie find it funny. I don't think they would allow me to get away with it on a regular basis though.

Ellie's murder mystery goes well.  She uses a murder mystery game we have.  You invite people for dinner and they have to come dressed as their character. Everyone has prompts they have to follow in each round and it's open to you to develop the ideas given to you.  It's always great fun, if a little complicated at times. The girls all have a great time and I am impressed how they all get into character and play them well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment