Monday, August 31, 2020

August 29


Saturday begins on a good note. I am watering my flower pots early in the morning when a friend comes round with eight large tins of tuna for me.  She refuses to take any money for them and I really am quite overwhelmed by her generosity. If I did the tuna fish twist a couple of weeks ago in Pnp, I now do the tuna fish breakdance.

After my lesson, I sit and wade through marking, trying desperately to get it all done.  I have also got very behind with this blog and so I do about eight posts at once.

In the afternoon, Sian and Ellie make a lovely gingerbread and decorate it with what they describe as a Lemon Zen icing.  We take it to friends for tea. According to our meteorological friend, the weather will change on Monday for a couple of days and then it should heat up properly.  We talk about the rain we had last week, which is very unusual for August.  Apparently, it last rained in August in 1999 and before that in 1977.  In both years, we had a higher than usual rainfall.  

Fingers crossed it will be the same this year. The municipal water is all but finished, boreholes are running dry and the water table is very low. We need rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment