Saturday, August 29, 2020

August 22


I hold an IGCSE English language workshop at my house - on the veranda to be exact.  It is cold.  Freezing cold.  I think it is the coldest day we have had the whole year.  It begins well, but towards the end, everyone is shivering, including me.

I spend the afternoon marking.  Around 2.30pm, there is a hoot at the gate and John goes to see who it is.  Unknown to us, we have just had a booking made on booking.com and it is the guests.  They arrive with a huge bunch of balloons saying 'Happy Anniversary'.  When I ask John where they are from, he says they said Harare but he didn't believe them.  He thinks it's a ruse.  I'm not sure why anyone would say they are from Harare if they weren't, but anyway.  I think my Agatha Christie mind is rubbing off on John.

In the evening, I have a glass of wine, the first in two months and I feel very odd.  It is not a nice feeling at all.  Since I began doing more yoga and meditation, I find myself rarely drinking anything alcoholic.  This has not been a conscious decision, but something that has just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment