Sunday, August 16, 2020

August 5

Last week we received a booking for tonight for two people on booking.com.  We wrote to them to confirm the booking and ask what time they would be arriving, but did not get a reply. Zimbabweans of all races and all walks of life are notoriously unreliable.  Sorry, fellow people, but let's be honest, you are.

One of the main reasons I feel a sense of trepidation when I see a local has booked is that we can never be certain whether they will turn up or not.  This is one of the advantages of Airbnb over booking.com: Airbnb asks you to pay when you book, booking.com gives you the option of paying on arrival.  It is probably for this reason that most Zimabweans don't use Airbnb.

I send the couple a message on whatsapp and finally get an answer. They are not coming (surprise, surprise) as someone at the woman's work has tested positive for COVID-19 so they thought it was best to not travel. 

Hmm. I don't think so.  If they were so concerned, they would have let us know without us having to contact them.  I think the coronavirus is going to be the basis of many excuses in the months to come.

However, I send a message saying I hope they are all well and can stay at another date.

I receive in return: 'Owk. Thx.'

No comments:

Post a Comment