Sunday, August 23, 2020

August 13

I go to meet an historian friend of mine for coffee to discuss some of the historical aspects of the book I am writing.  I really want to get all the details right, especially as he tells me that many authors don't. The past is so very complex and it is easy to look back and reduce it to very simplistic terms. Of course here in Zimbabwe, the tendency is to see Rhodesia in a very negative light and focus exclusively on the black/white issue.  Such thinking really doesn't help one to understand life on a much deeper level.

I buy some flower seedlings at a nursery to put in an empty hanging basket.  There is this lovely scent of spring in the air, although there is still a cool wind.  

When I get home, I really want to dive right back into my writing, but I have so much marking to get through and exams to set. I spend part of the afternoon and evening marking, but it's still not done.  I look forward to the end of August and exams.



No comments:

Post a Comment