Tuesday, January 21, 2020

January 14


The first day back at school.  

I manage to make an appointment to see the doctor who sends me for X-rays on my back.

More build up of rain but nothing happens.

I am embarrassed to say that we have not had a power cut since before Christmas.  

There is an elderly lady I often give a lift to who lives close by.  She is quite a character, especially as she has a strong East End (of London) accent, despite the fact that she has lived in Zimbabwe for most of her life.  She tells me that she heard there are going to be police patrols at night with dogs to try to counter all the cable theft that takes place.  

‘What a load of rubbish,’ she says.  ‘They are all too scared. I tell you what, you give those dogs to me and I’ll sort them out.  I’d let them off the lead and let them munch the buggers.’

She is a tiny lady and the thought of her patrolling the streets at night with two large Alsatians is quite funny.

We have a booking for February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment