Sunday, May 17, 2020

May 17

It's a slow day.  I wake up later than usual and do some yoga.  After working on my proofreading course, I mark essays.  What did I say last week about not working on Sundays?

In the afternoon, John and I clear a new vegetable bed and transplant tomato, broccoli and spinach seedlings.  The water situation in Bulawayo is getting critical.  We only have water on Sunday and Thursday nights.  It comes on at 5pm and goes off at 8am the next day.  All our vegetables are watered with recycled water, which is not ideal, but we have no choice.  The worst thing is lugging buckets around rather than just switching on the hose.

I feel my blogs may be getting a bit mundane so have decided that next week will be the Mystery and Suspense week: a catalogue of all the strange people we have had stay. The illegal gold dealer, the paranoid man, the president's bodyguard.  Read about the guest who tried to smuggle a man in and the ballroom dancers who left without paying.  Just who was the woman behind the scarf?

Find out tomorrow . .  .

No comments:

Post a Comment