Wednesday, September 16, 2020

September 6


 I do something I very rarely do - I sleep until 9am.

It is cold still.  I don't know what has happened to summer, but it's not happening.  I feel we are in a permanent winter.  I do wonder sometimes if the government doesn't have some hold over the weather.  I can just see some fat, greasy minister pushing the 'COLD AND WINDY' button and holding it down so we all suffer.  I love September - it's my favourite month.  I love the warmth and the beautiful scent that hangs in the air of bauhenia and syringa and jasmine, but unfortunately it seems that it is the heat that brings the smells out.  I really don't want Spring cancelled as well this year.  Already I feel I have slept through most of the year.

Miracles do happen - the water comes back in the evening.  We have so much washing, we run out of washing lines.  I phone Eunice and ask her if she can come and work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment