Monday, September 7, 2020

September 1


Pinch and a punch for the first of the month.  How did we get here?  Last time I looked it was March.  This is how you must feel waking out of a coma and finding that you have been asleep for the past six months.

September is my favourite time of the year, but today it is cold.  We haven't really had much of a spring this year.

After Ellie was born and when I was struggling with having no time to myself whatsoever, my mum told me that it is important to always have some way of pampering yourself, some time out every so often where the focus is on you.  For my mum, it was having her hair done.  She had it cut every six weeks and every time she left the hairdresser's she had already made an appointment for the next time.

I am quite useless when it comes to my hair.  Sometimes, I don't even brush it, but it is so fine and flat that you probably wouldn't notice.  For me, my form of pampering is having my legs waxed.  This is also because I am far, far too lazy to shave my legs.  I would rather endure the pain every six weeks than have to shave my legs every couple of days.

Besides, the beautician I go to is always full of interesting stories about what she heard here, there and everywhere that i really look forward to seeing her.

'I suppose you think I am a conspiracy theorist,' she said to me once when she had just told me how the Illuminati were preparing to take over the world, 'but I am not.  It's just that we are coming into a new age when the old order has to be cleared to make way for the new.'

Hmm.  It's quite fun talking to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment