Tuesday, October 8, 2019

October 6

Early in the morning, John and I go for a long walk round Hillside Dams.  We decide we need a holiday - doesn't everyone here?  We would like to go away for Christmas but the problem is that someone has booked to stay.

We have a new booking for the end of October. The person mentions that they have heard there is a problem with 'gazoline'.  If we say 'no', we'd be lying, but if we say 'yes', we know what the next questions will be - can you help us?  When we went to South Africa earlier in the year, we made a couple of bookings through Airbnb, but never met our hosts.  The key was left somewhere for us to collect and drop off at the end of our stay.  I can't imagine what the reaction would have been had we asked them to arrange fuel for us or do any of the other things we do. We regularly arrange tours and trips for people and have even collected people from the airport or taken them to restaurants to save them a taxi fare.  A friend of ours took a guest out to Matopos for the day and John arranged for train enthusiasts (them again!) to meet a local fount of knowledge.  I did draw the line at one request though: a guest phoned me while I was at a school swimming gala and asked if I could pick up a takeaway meal from him and his family of four.

In the late afternoon, I try and buy electricity online, but the page is still 'not reachable'.  I go to the supermarket, but am told they are 'offline'.  Around 8pm, the electricity runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment